imcsf.indymedia.orgsan francisco bay area indymedia
About Us Contact Us Subscribe Calendar Publish
white themeblack themered themetheme help

printable version - email this article

View article without comments

Women in Black protest racist Sabeel Conference
by Women in black Sunday, Aug. 26, 2007 at 2:11 AM

The Sabeel conference has been criticized as promoting hate in the name of the Church. This weekend, Women in Balck stood against the pattern of hatred that has become synonomous with Sabeel

Women in Black prote...
silent_vigil_at_racist_sabeel_conference.jpg, image/jpeg, 800x600

The Women in Black held a silent vigil this weekend at the Sabeel Conference. The conference was targeted because it provided a one-sided account of the Middle East conflict, distorted history and featured documented anti-Semites as lecturers.
Women in Black stand in solidarity and in hallmark silence against war, violence and racism. We urge all Women in Black to stand with us against the lies and demonization of Israel presented at Sabeel.

Sabeel is a hate group
by Sabeel is a hate group Monday, Aug. 27, 2007 at 5:48 AM

there is some background information on Sabeel at a different IMC-

it is worth looking at.

this is a group that warps and twists church doctrine into something ugly.

religion is a force to bring peace into the world, and Sabeel advocates ethnic cleansing in the name of G-d

From the Sabeel conference
by new theology via Sabeel Thursday, Aug. 30, 2007 at 4:43 AM

"Arab Christian leaders try to claim Jesus was not a Jew but a Palestinian (Arafat did so too). The foundation for this thinking is grounded in anti-Semitism pure and simple."

Interesting. So many Christians have said "Christmas story. Roman and Jews. No Palastinians" that they needed to address that. Its hard to claim "indigeneous" status when they didn't even show up on the scene for another 800 years after the Jews

add your comments

Zionists are a hate group
by Zionism = racism Saturday, Sep. 08, 2007 at 8:47 AM

Death to colonialism.

"racism"
by authentic mental cripple Monday, Sep. 17, 2007 at 1:03 PM
nessie@pattonstate.com

I'm quite the original thinker. 60-plus and talk like a schoolgirl.

(1.) My name isn't nessie.

(2.) But that has nothing to do with whether I can prove it. I can’t prove it. So what? That, doesn’t mean it’s not true. Personally, I don’t care whether you believe me or not. If you don’t believe me, then you’re not who I’m talking to. I’m talking people smart enough to know that when something that is inconsistent with the bulk of my writing comes signed with my name, it’s a forgery. Anybody who’s not smart enough to grasp that, wouldn’t understand what I was saying, anyway.

(3.) Besides, who it was that wrote something is irrelevant. Only content counts. If it’s true, it doesn’t matter who says it, or why. The truth is the truth, period.

(snip)

Later, when you encounter something with my name on it, posted somewhere else on the internet, consider that it may be a forgery. If it is consistent with what you know I have actually written, then I wrote it. If it is not consistent, then it’s a forgery. If you can’t tell the difference, you’re too stupid to understand what I’m saying, anyway, so don’t waste time trying.

Sabeel = racist
by Sabeel=racist Tuesday, Sep. 18, 2007 at 4:17 AM

Interesting. Then why is he spamming the IMC's claiming an anti-Sabeel group is something other than an anti-Sabeel group? Why is he trying to get people to focus on the identity of the group, rather than the nature of the vigil and the agenda of Sabeel? Its a classic red herring. The truth is the truth, period. Sabeel=racist.

no, THIS is interesting
by Jennifer Richeson Tuesday, Sep. 18, 2007 at 6:46 AM
nessie@pattonstate.com

What's interesting is that an adolescent in a wrinkled body, a has-been trying to relive the glory days of hippiedom, a droning knee-jerk schoolgirl shouting meaningless slogans such as "racist", a chickenshit appeaser, a terrorist fellatrix who claims to be a journalist without a single bona fide to his name, who mewls of honesty and is a documented pathological liar, spammer, and all around troublemaker persona non grata at several collectives....

Well, what exactly *is* interesting about a complete loser who couldn't even keep his own indymedia alive? Fitting irony for a megalomaniacal fool who caused the IndyBay to form, which garnered huzzahs while nessie sunk to new lows.

Yes, what's interesting about Bob Ness, documented NAMBLA sympathizer, is just how much of an absolute waste of skin he truly is.

add your comments

"claiming an anti-Sabeel group is something other than an anti-Sabeel group"
by bunk logic Tuesday, Sep. 18, 2007 at 9:48 AM

That's not the claim. That's begging the question. The claim, which has been substantiated by the real Women In Black, is that these people impersonated them.

blah, blah, blah
by heard it before Tuesday, Sep. 18, 2007 at 9:53 AM

>Bob (etc.)

An ad hominem is not a rebuttal. It's just another attempt to change the subject.

changing the subject
by heard it before Tuesday, Sep. 18, 2007 at 8:41 PM
nessie@pattonstate.com

Bob Ness of the now defunct SF-IMC, a small time loser, by definition a terrorist, and a self inflated megalomaniac, reared its microcephalic head, therefore it's fair game.

Yo, nessie - has any Mossad agents got into a time machine lately and posted "forgeries" in your "name" years ago?

*snicker*

=====================================

I just noticed something
by Miranda Monday, Sep. 05, 2005 at 11:48 PM

You appear to be complaining about a pseudonym "nessie", but you used "just wondering". How many names do you use? Don't you think it's hard for me or anyone else to keep up with someone of supposed "stature" here?

add your comments

"Or do you just think you're important?"
by in a word, no Tuesday, Sep. 06, 2005 at 1:33 AM

But somebody thinks I'm important enough to be worth smearing. There's more than one of them, too. Between them, they put an awful lot of effort into it. Google "nessie indymedia" sometime and see for yourself.

Joke's on them. In real life, I'm nobody, a small time nobody, of no importance whatsoever. So they're wasting their time.

Hahahahahahahaha.

you make no sense
by Miranda Tuesday, Sep. 06, 2005 at 5:49 PM

If the joke is on them, then why do you waste resources of so many IMC's defending not just one, but many nicknames? For years you have been posting xeroxed links about forgeries and COINTELPRO. I might understand a little better if you were using your real name, but you aren't. You're just like any other incognito Tom and Dick And Harry.

Why do you even care if the joke is on them? Why do you even respond? You seem incapable of ignoring trolls.

add your comments

"For years you have been posting xeroxed links about forgeries and COINTELPRO"
by since you asked . . . Tuesday, Sep. 06, 2005 at 9:33 PM

(1.) I'm an educator. People today, especially activists, need to know the mechanics of political repression. What better way to educate the than by pointing out examples?

>I might understand a little better if you were using your real name, but you aren't.

There is a valuable lesson to learned here. An effective activist is in physical danger. One of the main reasons I've been able to remain active for so many decades, without being murdered or thrown into prison, is that I protect myself. You should, too.

There's another lesson. If you use your real name, you risk becoming the focus of a personality cult. Personality cults are extremely destructive to our movement. Real activists avoid fame like the plague. Our movement is not about individual leaders, but about collective leadership. Besides, if you get famous enough, you will be mistaken for a leader and singled out for persecution. Don't do it. It's a really bad idea. Ask Fred Hampton.

is this for real?
by Miranda Wednesday, Sep. 07, 2005 at 3:28 PM

>>(2.) I reject out of hand the idea that my government name, which I was *assigned* at birth is any more real than any name I *choose* of my own free will.

"something is wrong"
by heard it before Wednesday, Sep. 07, 2005 at 6:41 PM

too stupid?
by Miranda Thursday, Sep. 08, 2005 at 12:15 AM

Who do you think you are? Blow it out your ass, FREAKSHOW!

add your comments

Everyone is entitled their own opinion.
by still around Thursday, Sep. 08, 2005 at 1:12 AM

> You write like you live in a fantasy world. My parents named me. I think something is wrong with you.

I live in America, a thinly disguised police state. I've been politically active here for nearly forty years. I'm in it for the long haul. I'm a realist. I know from considerable study in the classroom, the library and the field that to survive as long as I have, an activist must take certain precautions. So I have. So far, they're working. Unlike some of the comrades I came up with, I'm still alive and I'm not in prison. So I must be doing something right.

Most people I know personally, like me. Some don't. That's OK. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Some people hate me with a passion. Most of them have never even met me.

That's OK. I don't mind if certain kinds of people hate me. In fact, it validates my work. If I wasn't doing something right, certain people would not be putting so very much time and effort trying to smear me all over Indymedia. So I take it as a compliment.

But make no mistake, it's a smear job. Don't fall for it. It's straight out of COINTELPRO. If you don't believe me, read history and find out for yourself. Don't take my word for it. Do your own research.

Here is a good place to start:

If you're going to be active, you need to know history.

As some dead guy once said, "To not know what happened before you were born is to remain forever a child."

Or, as my friend Jim Squatter puts it:

death to Islam
by nessie Tuesday, Sep. 18, 2007 at 11:18 PM

Death to racism and misogyny.

add your comments

"by nessie Tuesday, Sep. 18, 2007 at 11:18 PM"
by there they go again Thursday, Sep. 20, 2007 at 5:04 AM

This is a forgery, one of many. For some idea how often nessie's name gets forged, Google "nessie indymedia forgery" and see what comes up:

"nessie@pattonstate.com"
by there they go again Thursday, Sep. 20, 2007 at 5:06 AM

so what?
by just wondering Thursday, Sep. 20, 2007 at 11:25 AM

nessie is persona non grata at many indymedias because of the trouble he's caused since it's very founding. Why would a shitferbrains think that somebody would actually care what happens to him?

Or maybe he posts the "forgeries" as an excuse to post his spam links.

Either way, he's a complete loser.

add your comments

"by just wondering Thursday, Sep. 20, 2007 at 11:25 AM"
by there they go again Thursday, Sep. 20, 2007 at 7:17 PM

You mean *this* just wondering?

(snip)

just wondering

(snip)

"You mean...."
by nessie Friday, Sep. 21, 2007 at 3:24 AM
nessie@pattonstate.com

How many thousands of times has he posted that carbon copy spam? Who could take such a fool seriously?

Racist Sabeel Conference Coming to Boston
by Racist Sabeel Conference coming to Boston Monday, Oct. 01, 2007 at 5:48 AM

Most of our parents voted for Stevenson, despised McCarthy and fought racism before the rest of America saw it was the right thing to do. We stood with Martin Luther King and were crushed when he – and John and Bobby Kennedy – were killed. We hated Nixon, boycotted grapes with Caesar Chavez, cheered for Bella and Gloria on women’s rights and defeated apartheid in South Africa.
Like most of America’s Jews, we’re LFBs – Liberals From Birth. Why? Because Jewish and American values are in almost perfect harmony.

On Israel, we were never uncritical, but loyal to the cause of a Jewish homeland and to the Jews who fought to keep it. Not only because we were Jews, but also because tiny beleaguered Israel is, or should be a, liberal cause.

But it’s not. Not now. Many of our friends disagree with us about Israel, and in increasingly disagreeable ways. They got the story wrong, from the media, from academics, and from clergy. Painfully, we see former allies, even heroes of past struggles, attacking the Jewish state – and its supporters: us.

So what will Boston’s Jews do when Desmond Tutu, the anti-apartheid hero who likens Israeli treatment of Arabs to apartheid, headlines an anti-Israel hate-fest at the Old South Church in October? The “Israel Apartheid” Conference is organized by Sabeel, whose leader says Israelis are “crucifying” Arabs like the Jews did Jesus.

The two-day rant against Israel features speakers who pose as human rights activists who care about injustice – yet their concerns are oh so selective. Israel is an “apartheid state,” they say, with an “apartheid wall.” It’s worse for Palestinians than South Africa was for blacks. It’s the world’s worst human rights situation. None of this is close to being true.
Israel’s Arab citizens vote, are elected to the Knesset, and enjoy better health care and education than most Arabs in the region. Yes, Arabs in the territories are treated differently, yet not because of their “race” – but because their leaders are at war with Israel. Israelis don’t act on the basis of race, like white South Africans did. Shame on Desmond Tutu for deliberately ignoring all this.

Calling Israel racist pleases the Sabeel-ites, but has nothing to do with a concern for justice. There is real apartheid in the Middle East – racist apartheid: blacks slaughtered and enslaved by Arabs in Sudan; gender apartheid: women in Saudi Arabia may not drive cars or walk unaccompanied; religious apartheid: churches cannot be built in Saudi Arabia and Jews can’t be citizens in Jordan. It’s not justice these folks are fixated upon, it’s the Jewish state.

Some Boston Jews and LFB’s may have turned away from this conflict. But now it’s time to choose: When Tutu comes, many of us will protest. If the anti-Israel demagogues are led by a black man who led his people to freedom – but who attacks and defames another free people – Israel’s and America’s Jews must decide: Which side will you be on?

add your comments

IMC Network: www.indymedia.org Projects print radio satellite tv video Africa ambazonia canarias estrecho / madiaq nigeria south africa Canada hamilton maritimes montreal ontario ottawa quebec thunder bay vancouver victoria windsor winnipeg East Asia burma jakarta japan manila qc Europe alacant andorra antwerpen armenia athens austria barcelona belarus belgium belgrade bristol bulgaria croatia cyprus estrecho / madiaq euskal herria galiza germany grenoble hungary ireland istanbul italy la plana liege lille madrid malta marseille nantes netherlands nice norway oost-vlaanderen paris/île-de-france poland portugal romania russia scotland sverige switzerland thessaloniki toulouse ukraine united kingdom valencia west vlaanderen Latin America argentina bolivia brasil chiapas chile chile sur colombia ecuador mexico peru puerto rico qollasuyu rosario santiago tijuana uruguay valparaiso Oceania adelaide aotearoa brisbane burma darwin jakarta manila melbourne oceania perth qc sydney South Asia india mumbai United States arizona arkansas atlanta austin baltimore big muddy binghamton boston buffalo charlottesville chicago cleveland colorado danbury, ct dc hawaii houston hudson mohawk idaho ithaca kansas city la madison maine miami michigan milwaukee minneapolis/st. paul new hampshire new jersey new mexico new orleans north carolina north texas nyc oklahoma omaha philadelphia pittsburgh portland richmond rochester rogue valley saint louis san diego san francisco san francisco bay area santa barbara santa cruz, ca seattle tallahassee-red hills tampa bay tennessee united states urbana-champaign utah vermont virginia beach western mass worcester West Asia armenia beirut israel palestine ukraine Topics biotech Process discussion fbi/legal updates indymedia faq mailing lists process & imc docs tech volunteer

© 2000-2003 New Mexico IMC. Unless otherwise stated by the author, all content is free for non-commercial reuse, reprint, and rebroadcast, on the net and elsewhere. Opinions are those of the contributors and are not necessarily endorsed by the New Mexico IMC. Running sf-active v0.9.2 Disclaimer | Privacy